Learn from Our Experience – Live Sessions with the Industry's Leading Experts
The Cyber Ecosystem for MSPs, Resellers and their Customers
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about many changes to our personal and work lives. Among the latter making businesses look at their working practices to enable their teams to work remotely. As we all adapt to our new mode of operations, cybercriminals too are shifting their tactics, opting for more targeted cloud and personal attacks to get into company networks. In this webcast we have four cyber security experts who will discuss developing a framework for positive cyber hygiene for all organizations and MSPs to ensure the protection of customer data – and their reputation.
Head of Cyber and Business Services, Police Crime Prevention Initiatives
CEO, Bob’s Business
Executive Vice President, Asigra
Managing Director, Data2Vault
Listen to the Experts at Your Own Convenience
Securing the New Remote Worker
MSPs face more employees working remotely, and have more end-user customers dealing with remote work environments. What are the challenges and opportunities this presents to both MSPs and clients? While there are many ways to implement physical and logical security controls within your MSP practice, there are some unique aspects facing our new remote worker environment. Here are a few of those issues:
- Future outlook of remote work businesses
- Security challenges with remote workers
- Training required to secure workers not familiar with working remotely
- Training that MSPs can offer to help organizations new to remote work
- Monetizing new service offerings tailored around remote work environments...
Flattening the Cyber Risk Curve
Many organizations believe practicing good cyber hygiene is an impossible task. But it may be easier than you realize. Understanding the risks, developing a plan, and implementing effective and reasonable controls can help your organization flatten the cyber risk curve.
There are practical and achievable things every MSP can do to understand the risks and defend against them.
- Increased attacks impacting organizations across multiple industries, geographies, and sizes
- Who is at risk?
- Regulated markets
- Data sensitive organizations
- Common security risks
- Attack loops – does this change the ransomware defense strategy?
- Common mitigation techniques
How to Solve the MSP Staffing Gap Summary
MSPs are about to experience a surge in business as the global economy re-awakens. But, how will MSPs achieve success and scalability without a steady supply of experienced technical and industry talent?
Topics discussed include:
- MSPs need to scale
- Cybersecurity is projected to have 3.5 million unfilled positions by 2021
- How can MSPs scale in the face of staffing shortages?
- Developing new sources for staffing MSP practices
- Role of automation, AI in future MSP practices.
It’s Time to Rebalance Your Client Portfolio
Now that the global economy is re-awakening, our attention must turn to areas where MSPs can achieve success, and learn from the past to avoid areas which may not be ready for business as usual. It’s time to rebalance your client portfolio.
Once the recovery begins, MSPs will have many choices of where they should be focused as a business. Some business sectors will be ready to go, while others will be more slow to recover.
- Business sectors likely to experience slow growth
- Real Estate
- Business sectors likely to experience high growth
- Financial services
- Industries under direct regulation
Data Breach Response, Ransomware Negotiation, and Other Tactics
Dealing with Ransomware is something every MSP faces, whether directly or on behalf of a client. MSPs must know what to expect, how to interact with ransomware organizations/individuals, and how to protect their clients.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- MSP Operational Preparedness
- Client Preparedness
- Data Restoration/Preservation
- Negotiating with Cybercriminals
Should You Charge More for Managing Regulated Data?
Data is everything in the MSP community. The type of data you manage can dictate how much risk you take on, how you sell, and ultimately, how you price your managed services. Do you know the type of data you are managing and are you prepared to protect it?
- MSPs have shifted from managers of devices to managers of data
- Understanding different types of data classification
- Data management risk
- Charging more for regulated data management