Goetze Dental, a full-service dental supply company wanted to deliver data protection services to their entire client base with increased confidence. Initially, they depended heavily on portable disks for frequent import and export of data for backups and full restores, but needed to find a speedier process in order to provide a faster service to their clients. In addition to ensuring the reliability and manageability of the backup services they offered their dentistry clients, they also needed a solution that increased wallet share and drove monthly recurring revenue. With these goals in mind, Goetze decided to select the secure data protection solution provided by Dataedge and powered by Asigra.
Goetze Dental highlighted the following capabilities as key factors for selecting Dataedge’s solution powered by Asigra:
- Agentless deployment, supporting a wide range of computing systems and platforms
- Simple, centralized backup that eliminates the need for multiple point solutions
- Highly scalable design for on-demand expansion
- Support for both physical and cloud IT environments
- High-performance local and remote backup and recovery
- NIST FIPS 140-2 certified security with 256-bit AES encryption in-flight and at-rest to protect sensitive client data and comply with HIPAA compliance mandates
“The overall backup process is now so much easier yet costs are still very affordable” says Ben Poese, Helpdesk Manager, Goetze Dental. He also mentions implementing this solution has allowed them to “reallocate IT resources that would have been spent on a less efficient platform and focus it on other important projects”.