Goodwill South Florida Protects its Data from Hurricane Threats with a Reliable Cloud Backup Service
How do you protect your data from the threat of Hurricanes and catastrophic weather threats? In the case of Goodwill South Florida, after many years backing up their data using a tape-based solution, they learned the hard way that they would have to find a better, more secure solution. After much consultation and recommendations from colleagues, Goodwill Industries selected cloud backup and recovery services powered by Asigra from Yotta280. Now in its second year of use, the new backup infrastructure has proven to have many advantages over tape including local and remote data recovery capabilities, fast restores and more reliable operation.
You can learn in full detail about the Goodwill cloud backup implementation by reading our case study : Goodwill South Florida Defends Data Against the Future Threat of Hurricanes with Cloud-Based Data Recovery
Some of the key learning include:
- How a serious malfunction in Goodwill’s tape backup solution caused tape media to pour across their datacenter floors
- Why Goodwill chose Yotta280, and cloud backup services
- How the Yotta280 solution protects over 9TB of data for over 30 Goodwill locations and over 300 connected devices
“The Yotta280 solution, powered by Asigra, allowed us to depart from the troublesome aspects of tape based data recovery. We no longer have to deal with offsite tape storage and management, especially during hurricane season. One of our ongoing concerns with tape was that if a storm were to hit, every building in the area would be affected, including the offsite storage vault holding our tapes. Because our data is now replicated over the WAN at data centers inside and outside of the state, we no longer have those concerns.”
Why do backup admins choose Asigra? Well, Storage magazine recently released the results of the ninth annual Quality awards for mid-market and enterprise backup and recovery applications survey, and found that overwhelmingly, users chose Asigra in many categories. Check out the infographic below to find out the 7 reasons enterprise users choose Asigra and why you should consider Asigra the next time you are looking for a new cost-effective, secure backup solution that delivers peace of mind.
Every business needs to accelerate its sales cycle to support their revenue objectives. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are no exception to this. As a Marketing Manager, I have launched, reviewed, edited and re-launched plenty of lead nurturing campaigns. It’s a continuous learning experience, but one thing remains true – it is invaluable in its ability to help pass qualified, sales-ready leads to your sales team more quickly.
Lead nurturing is a series of regular communications (for instance, sending one email a week to a specific target list in your database for 8-12 weeks), that serves to establish a relationship with buyers that are not yet ready to be engaged with your sales team. By maintaining interaction with your leads, it helps you:
- Inform them of the business benefits that your cloud backup and recovery services can deliver to their organization
- Educate them about the overall benefits of using the cloud and the different types of cloud architectures – that it does not have to be one size fits all
- Keep your company top-of-mind and involved with the prospect
- Position/validate yourself as a thought leader in data protection, disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Increase the likelihood prospects will contact you when they are ready to purchase – instead of your competitors
- Improve the quality of leads you pass to your sales team so they can focus on real leads that have an immediate need
- Enhance your data quality and the productivity of your marketing team so they can focus on other sales-generating initiatives
If you are a Managed Service Provider interested in adding cloud backup and recovery services to your portfolio, you can learn about the benefits of partnering with Asigra. As a partner you will receive marketing and sales support including best practices, 1:1 consulting and feedback. We will help you shorten your time-to-market and optimize how you engage potential buyers, including ready-made integrated lead generation and nurturing campaigns. Hear what our partners think about working with us and why they rely on Asigra to provide a reliable, secure, manageable and affordable cloud backup and recovery service.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss this further.
Cloud Partners 2014 - Booth #740
Date: September 8-10, 2014
Location: Morial Convention Center, New Orleans
Are you attending Cloud Partners 2014? If you are, be sure to visit Asigra at booth #740 to see how you can deliver your own backup service, be a cloud backup services broker, or resell Asigra software.
With over 2,000 cloud partners expected to attend, this is the best opportunity to connect and gain insight from top industry leading cloud providers and thought leaders. Be prepared to leverage the higher cloud to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
Be sure to visit our booth to learn how Asigra can help you:
- Increase or develop a monthly recurring revenue stream
- Expand into new markets – geographies, verticals or segments
- Improve profit margins
- Increase market potential – new customers
- Reduce customer attrition
Book a Private Meeting with us
Contact us to schedule a meeting to learn more about how we can help you deliver secure and reliable cloud backup and recovery service.
Stop by our booth to enter into a draw to win an Asigra Bluetooth Speaker!
Not yet registered for Cloud Partners? Sign up to attend the event here.
We look forward to meeting you in New Orleans. If you have any questions prior to the conference, don’t hesitate to contact us.
After a year of working at Asigra I have a clearer understanding that purchasing a software license from Asigra is about more than just pricing; it’s about the experience. To explain why, let me use the analogy of an iPhone and discuss benefits beyond features. Yes, an iPhone can send a text message, email, take pictures and make phone calls just like all the other phones on the market but what makes the iPhone different is that when you buy from Apple you’re actually spending your money for the overall customer experience.
Customer Experience Matters
If you’ve ever had a defective phone then you can relate. You no longer need to go to your wireless provider who will likely send your phone off to the manufacturer and charge you a fee for a loaner phone; as the manufacturer determines whether to replace your phone or fix it. No one enjoys having to wait a long period of time which can sometimes be weeks to get an update on the status of their phone. You can ask my father in law how long he had to wait for a response back from the phone manufacturer.
Apple has made it so simple that you just walk into an Apple store, speak with an Apple genius who will run tests and if they need to replace your iPhone it is replaced on the spot. Apple’s experience is applied across all their products which results in customers like me who purchase a Macbook over a less expensive laptop with the same features because it’s not always about the price.
Asigra Believes in the Customer Experience
How does Asigra relate to Apple? Looking beyond the award winning product, we provide a completely different experience for Managed Service Providers. Just take a quick look at the value in partnering with Asigra. As a Partner you will receive numerous sales and marketing tools to accelerate your go to market strategy.
- Online Miller Heiman sales training & certification
- Technical training & certification
- Monthly business & technology focused webinars
- Monthly Asigra partner newsletter to keep up-to-date on news, events, offers, etc.
- Access to the Asigra Hybrid Partner Portal
- Invitation to the annual Asigra Global Partner Summit
When joining the Asigra team I knew I would be empowered to succeed in my role, so it’s no surprise that Asigra will go the extra mile to empower its partner ecosystem to succeed, by providing an overall experience that is second to none. If you would like more information about the Asigra experience or to find out more about our Partner Program, download.
The cloud backup and recovery industry is constantly changing. Asigra Recovery is Everything® Newsletter features great content about the cloud backup and recovery market and news to help you stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends. If you haven’t subscribed by email to our newsletter, you can take advantage of the monthly content we aggregate and share by subscribing here.
We appreciate your feedback! If you have any questions or comments, please let us know.
Here’s a look at some of the content from our most recent newsletter:
The Binding Site Inc., a specialist protein company made the switch recently from a tape-based backup solution to cloud backup services powered by Asigra. The Global company with its central location for IT in Birmingham, UK, supports 605 office employees using 120 mobile devices and 60-70 mobile clients. In 2011, the firm began questioning its tape-based backup solution and found that their secure data retention and timely data recovery needs were not being met. Eventually, Binding site became frustrated by the inefficiencies of manual tape recovery and management and decided to enlist the consultative support of hosting, Cloud and managed IT services provider Phoenix.
We put together a comprehensive case study outlining some of the reasons why The Binding Site chose Asigra as their cloud backup services provider. A few highlights from the case study include:
- How The Binding Site’s backup and recovery needs surpassed the capabilities of a tape-based backup solution
- How The Binding Site leveraged the services of award winning UK-based disaster recovery and business continuity provider Phoenix
- How The Binding Site addressed significant concerns around data security and retrieval using tape-based backup
- And more...
You can read the case study in its entirety by visiting the link below:
The Asigra team recently presented at Tech Field Day Extra during VMworld 2014 US. Asigra can also be found in the Solutions Exchange at booth #2329 so be sure to stop by and ask about our secure agentless backup and recovery software that can be deployment on premise or as a public cloud.
We’re always excited for the opportunity to present to the delegates and bloggers at TechField Day. This year our Product Manager Carlos DaSilva, Senior Software Engineer Marcin Warzywoda and Executive Vice President Eran Farajun presented to the group.
Our presentation consisted of upcoming features in our flagship product Asigra Cloud Backup™ including some new virtual machine replication functionality, secure file level recovery for Virtual Machines and Cloud-to-cloud backup and recovery for Office365. In addition we discussed the growing market adoption of the Asigra Recovery License Model®, which we announced last year.
If you missed the live-streamed presentation you can view the recorded presentation below.
Special thanks to Stephen Foskett, Tom Hollingsworth and Claire Chaplias at GestaltIT for organizing the roundtable! And of course thanks to the Bloggers for their time and feedback.
Who Is Asigra?
Asigra Recovery License Model Adoption
Asigra Architecture and Replication
Asigra File Level Recovery
Asigra Office 365 Backup and Recovery
Day 1 from VMworld 2014 has been a blast!
If you haven’t stopped by Asigra’s booth #2329 what are you waiting for? We are giving away two Asigra bluetooth speakers daily and you could be one of our winners.
Come by our booth to learn how you can dramatically improve recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery performance objectives (RPOs) for VMs. With our agentless backup and recovery software , you can protect all of your data in the data center and beyond including physical and virtual servers, enterprise applications and databases, desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets and third party cloud based applications like Google Apps, Salesforce and Office 365. Ask us about our autonomic healing functionality that provides 100% recovery assurance. We understand that backup is just a process, but recovery is everything.
Enter Our Daily Draw to Win 1 of 2 Asigra Bluetooth Speakers!
Our daily 15 minute in booth theatre sessions cover topics such as:
- Why Agentless Backup Is More Secure
- How to Create a Profitable Backup-as-a-Service Model
- Why Enterprise Users Choose Asigra for Secure, Reliable Backup
- Virtual Machine Replication Best Practices
All attendees will be automatically entered into our daily draws.
Here are some pictures from Day 1
Wayne Gretzky once said "Skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been." Competition should always be top of mind for technology solution providers, but searching for new business offerings that will help you stay ahead of the competition can be intimidating. Technology reviews, analyst reports and forums are just a few resources in the marketplace to find out about new revenue generating opportunities.
Ask yourself the following five questions about how you can stay ahead of the competition by offering a secure cloud backup and recovery services:
- Expand your portfolio - What related products or services might your customers be interested in? Should you diversify into other areas such as Cloud Backup and Recovery managed services if your client base is still using traditional backup methods? Yes, adding cloud backup services to your portfolio presents an opportunity for you to help your customers modernize their data protection strategies including their backup infrastructure.
- Know your Competition - Find out who your key competitors are, what they are offering and what their unique selling point is. This will identify the areas you need to compete in, as well as give you a platform for differentiating yourself. Perhaps your competitors are not offering cloud backup services, which could create a key differentiator for you.
- Know your customers - Customer expectations can change dramatically when economic conditions are unstable. Find out what matters to your customers. Is it outsourcing IT services such as backup and recovery? Do your customers want to outsource their backup needs so they can refocus their IT resources on more strategic initiatives? Have your customers deployed new BYOD policies and practices? Are more of customers’ employees using mobile devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets – if so this could present a new opportunity for you to recommend best practices relating to data protection such as backup of the corporate data residing on these devices. These are questions that you need to ask your customers and then revise your sales and marketing strategy accordingly.
- Differentiate - It's essential to give your customers good reasons to come to you rather than look at the competition because of their offerings. Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) should tap into what customers want and need. It should be clear and obvious no one should ask what makes you different. Do you offer cloud backup services for endpoint devices, third party cloud based solutions like Google Apps, Office 365 and Salesforce? Do you offer secure cloud backup services for remote and branch offices? Do you offer backup services that your competitors don’t? Do you offer better SLAs than your competition?
- Plan for the future - Businesses that plan for growth are more successful than those that are happy with the status quo. Keep up with developments in your industry, follow technology trends, invest in new technology and have a clear idea of where you want to be in the next five years.
If you are interested in differentiating from your competition by adding cloud backup and recovery managed services to your portfolio, read 12 Reasons why you should Invest in a Partnership with Asigra to find out how Asigra helps its partners outmarket the competition.