Asigra is proud to be a part of the 2015 Fall G2 Crowd Ontario Gridscape. Canadian tech has been booming as of late and according to G2 Crowd in the last 18 months, 21 large-scale venture-funding deals have occurred in Canada totaling $784 million in investment. G2 Crowd recently evaluated real-user review data on more than 80 products with corporate headquarters in Ontario to see which technology companies lead in customer satisfaction. Asigra’s headquarters is in Toronto, Ontario.
The G2 Crowd Ontario Gridscape rates products and vendors on reviews gathered from the G2 Crowd user community, as well as data aggregated from online sources and social networks. Asigra is featured under the Niche quadrant of the grid as a G2 Crowd Backup Software High Performer.
Learn more about Asigra Cloud Backup and why Asigra leads as a High Performer as decided by our channel network and end-users here: www.asigra.com
Organizations are increasingly turning to cloud backup services to protect critical business data. In our latest infographic, we have a look at what’s driving the trend and what types of companies are at the forefront.
Copy and paste the code below to embed this infographic into your website.
NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo 2015 – Booth #611
Date: December 9-10, 2015
Location: San Diego Marriott & Convention Center, San Diego, California
If you are attending NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo, be sure to visit Asigra at booth #611 to find out how we can help you increase your monthly recurring revenue. We’ll be showcasing how our agentless multi-tenant cloud backup software designed for Service Providers enables you to expand your total addressable market while reducing your operating costs with one backup and recovery software platform that protects data in physical, virtual, mobile and cloud environments including AWS, Azure, Google Apps and Office 365.
Play Plinko with Asigra
We are bringing our version of the most popular game on “The Price is Right” to NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo! Play a game of Plinko with us to win cool prizes and you could walk away with a GoPro Hero4 Session camera. Everyone is a winner.
Be sure to visit our booth to learn how:
- To get our limited time offer of 1TB Free Forever Asigra Cloud Backup software
- Asigra AWS EBS Snapshot Manager can enable you to publish an offering in the AWS Marketplace for brand visibility with the growing AWS user community
- We can help you increase or develop a monthly recurring revenue stream
- A partnership with Asigra can help you expand into new markets and geographies
- Our converged data protection appliance for MSPs can enable you to deliver a cloud backup managed service to the market within days for less than $ .01 GB/Month amortized over 5 years
Book a Private Meeting with Us
Discover how we enable service providers to deliver secure and reliable cloud backup and recovery services to SMBs and Enterprises worldwide. Contact us to schedule a meeting and discover why users continue to choose Asigra as the top Enterprise Backup Application two years in a row. Asigra swept all categories in the annual TechTarget Storage Magazine Quality Awards and received the highest overall ranking of 6.38 out of 8 compared to all the other contenders in this year’s evaluation.
Need to register for NexGen Cloud Conference & Expo? Sign up here.
We look forward to meeting you in San Diego. If you have any questions prior to the conference, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Asigra’s Eran Farajun recently was a guest speaker in a Channel Expert Hour webinar called How to Achieve 3 Strategic Business Objectives with Cloud Backup. During the webinar Eran discusses the benefits of Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) as a strong opportunity for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to increase their monthly recurring revenue, expand their total addressable market and increase wallet share with existing customers.
We wanted to share with you parts of the Q&A section of the webinar where attendees submitted some interesting questions to Eran regarding the move towards DRaaS. Of course you can listen to the entire webinar here.
Here’s a sample from the Q&A with Eran:
Q: Does Google offer a free data backup product?
Eran: No. They are offering Google for Work and what they’re trying to do is to go after the Office 365 segment in order to get companies to ditch Microsoft Office and move over to Google for Work. Which is their competitive offering and they’re giving it away for free for a year.
Q: How does Asigra Compare to some of your known competitors like Datto, Accelerite?
Eran: Asigra is not a service. Datto is a service provider. It’s their vault. It’s their data center. It’s their repository and they provide you an appliance that you backup to them, as well as keep a local copy. We don’t do that. We don’t compete with our partners. They do that. We are purely the software layer and the business guidance and so our business models are different...
Q. Manage Service Providers find themselves competing on price more rather than service. How can they change that? How do you change that perception within the customer base?
Eran: I think one of the things that service providers need to consider or anybody facing pricing challenges is: are you pricing your service to your customers in the right way? Are you basically giving a dollar, or euro or pound or whatever currency per gigabyte per month for the amount of data that they protect? And effectively as their volume of data grows are you then being forced to reduce your price because of volume? What Asigra has done has created the Recovery License Model where the pricing is lower, not because the customer backs-up more data but because the customer recovers less data...
Q. How about winning with service offerings?
Eran: If you’re constantly getting hammered on price you also have to think about adding more value to the customer. Can you do DR drills once or twice a year? Because when you do DR drills as a service provider, you’re basically reinforcing the value that your bring to the table, and that’s where you manifest your service. You’re basically proving your value…you gotta find ways of building processes into your service delivery model that allow you to prove your value, not just based on price.
Listen to the rest of the webinar here.
The risk pertaining to a data breach is always high in an organization. How do we eliminate this risk and protect the data within the business? This five step guide can be a start to understanding key elements in protecting your data and increasing the security within your environment.
- Let’s start by applying some awareness within the organization through training. Training will be beneficial to the company by providing a more secure minded environment and decrease the risk of mistakes that can create a breach. Establish a written policy regarding data security and communicate it throughout the business.
- Monitor insiders within the business environment. Monitoring internal traffic for signs of misbehavior or unusual changes. “In 2014 $3.7 trillion insider fraud issues were reported across the globe”. Protect your business by being aware of both internal and external threats.
- Secure the computers within the organization. Implement password protection with robust passwords and time out functions. Be sure to update all operating systems since they do have security enhancements built in. Apply restrictions on unauthorized websites and unapproved software use within your business network.
- Apply encryption throughout your network environment. Encrypt data at rest and in motion, secure the servers and mobile devices. Companies suffer from data breaches due to stolen devices and the lack of security on those devices. Encrypting your data is the simplest safeguard.
- Perform regular vulnerability assessments. Applying scans to the systems within your network will allow you to remediate any vulnerabilities before they become exploited. And have a reliable backup solution in place. Asigra Cloud Backup™ offers a secure and reliable way to protect and recover your data if a breach were to take place.
Ultimately to stay secure as an organization keep security as your number one priority; any business can fall victim to a breach. Be proactive by eliminating threats before they escalate.
NetApp Insight Berlin 2015 - Booth #C10
Date: November 16-19, 2015
Location: CityCube, Berlin, Germany
Join Asigra at NetApp Insight® 2015 to transform your IT processes, boost your success and enjoy a valuable experience in exploring the latest technical innovations, strategies and solutions. And while you’re there make sure to pay Asigra a visit in booth #C10 and you can be entered in a draw to win a Bluetooth speaker.
- About Asigra’s new Converged Data Protection Appliance for Managed Service Providers
- How to save 40-60% with the Asigra Recovery License Model
- How to protect data in physical, virtual, mobile and cloud-based environments such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, AWS and Azure
- How to dramatically improve recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery performance objectives (RPOs) for VMs
- How to eliminate or significantly reduce backup related IT resources
- Why enterprise users pick Asigra as top enterprise backup application two years in a row
Book a Private Meeting with Us
Contact us to schedule a meeting and discover why users continue to choose Asigra as the top Enterprise Backup Application two years in a row. Asigra swept all categories in this year’s annual TechTarget Storage Magazine Quality Awards and received the highest overall ranking of 6.38 out of 8 compared to all the other contenders in this year’s evaluation.
Not Yet Registered for NetApp Berlin? Sign up to attend the event here.
We’ll see you soon in Berlin! If you have any questions before the show, please contact us.
Date: Tuesday November 17th, 12:00pm ET
Asigra’s Tracy Staniland will be a part of a live Webcast panel hosted by SNIA Cloud Storage Initiative on November 17th, 2015 at 12:00pm ET discussing the pros and cons of leveraging the cloud for data protection. The panel will provide advice on how to avoid the pitfalls, especially during the transition from strictly local resources to cloud resources. The Webcast will also explore the following topics:
- Critical cloud data protection challenges
- How to use the cloud for data protection
- Pros and cons of various cloud data protection strategies
- Experiences of others (good and bad) to avoid common pitfalls
- Cloud standards in use – and why you need them
Join us on November 17th for this live Webcast.
“Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 140-2 is a U.S. Government computer security standard used to accredit cryptographic modules” is the official definition, but what does that mean to you? Well if you are a managed service provider looking to handle Federal or Military IT contracts than you need to make sure that all aspects of your offering meet this standard. Alternatively if you are an end user who wants to make sure that their data is being protected on the same level as the U.S. Federal government as well as the Military, than you should deal with MSP’s who can provide this certification.
However, there is something that you should be on the lookout for. Many products and MSP’s will state they are FIPS 140-2 compliant. Asigra is FIPS 140-2 certified. So what does that mean and what is the difference? Well it means that Asigra has gone a step further and has ensured to go through the proper auditing process to receive our FIPS Certification for backup.
Make sure that your data and the data of your customers is always being protected to the highest standard available. Contact an Asigra representative today to find out more about how you can protect your vital information.
My Top Five Takeaways from Content Marketing World that Managed Service Providers (MSPs) can Implement Today!
For anyone that works in a marketing role at an MSP or Cloud Backup Solution Provider, attending the Content Marketing World Annual Conference is one event you don’t want to miss. Content Marketing World is the largest content marketing event that is held annually in Cleveland, OH typically from September 8th – 11th. The conference was attended by 3500 marketers from different industries hearing the latest tips and tricks showcased by some top celebrities (well marketing celebrities) such as, Anne Handley, Jay Baer and Robert Rose.
Throughout this three day event, I took in some great workshops which gave me insights and tools that I was able to apply and incorporate into our marketing programs which you can use in your organization as well. Here are my top five takeaways from this event:
1. Repurpose content; don’t create more – Marketers are fighting to get more attention with their audience; but creating more content isn’t always the answer. 70% of B2B marketers are producing more content in 2015 vs 2014*. Identify the content that resides best with your readers and use this existing content to create new pieces explains Amy Higgins, Senior Manager of Social Media at Zendesk. New pieces can include infographics, blogs, whitepapers and ebooks. Finally look at the content that is underperforming and determine if it requires a fresh look or re-write. If the content isn’t worth saving, get rid of it!
2. Tell a story which is Bigger, Bolder and Braver – “The biggest missed opportunity in content is playing it safe” says Anne Handley, chief content officer at Marketing Professionals. Companies need to start telling compelling stories and think outside of the box when delivering their message. The traditional approach to writing isn’t going to stand out to any prospects but by taking risks; you’re more likely to have better engagement. Asigra recently took this concept to heart by creating the Bacon Guide. The bacon guide provided information about the history of bacon, the different types of bacon cuts and included some great recipes. Why did we create this guide? Why Not! We all love bacon and it was a great piece that gave Asigra some additional brand awareness while we gave back to the IT professionals in our community – a useful utility piece of content.
3. Give Credit where Credit is due – in Scott Stratten’s presentation Unethical: the Biggest threat to Content Marketing, Scott spoke about how the internet has made it more competitive and why it’s become more aggressive to get the attention of the audience first. But how we go about getting that attention can come at a cost. Using content or stats from industry experts can help support your message, but not giving credit to the original online source is just as bad as plagiarism. If you use an image or site pieces of content just make sure you name the source and include a link.
4. Content Auditing – Why it needs to be done! When was the last time you did an internal content audit of your marketing material? Have you ever wondered how much content you really have? Mickey Mencin, Director of Corporate Communications of Hyland spoke about the steps that they used when conducting an internal audit. She identified some best practices such as the KUT approach (Keep, Update, Trash) and why every organization needs to incorporate this as part of their strategy. She did stress that this can be a tedious process and warns that content that’s no longer relevant or applicable to your organization can actually keep your prospects away.
5. Cool Software Tools that can help with your ROI – Finally Ian Cleary, CEO/Founder, RazorSocial showcased some great tools that every marketer can use. Here are some of my favorites:
- InboundWriter – helps you determine the success of your content topics before you start writing. Also, see where your competition is ranked compared to yourself.
- Google Tag Manager – Tags are website codes that let you measure traffic and helps you understand the impact of online advertising through social channels to improve your site. This tool allows you to update tags on your website and mobile apps. It also has a built in tag preview mode, automatic error-checking which prevents publication if tags aren’t properly formatted allowing your webmasters to focus on other important tasks.
- Grammarly - We’ve all done it but now there’s a site which will help take away the embarrassing moments when someone catches a spelling mistake or grammar error. And it’s free!
I would love to hear what your thoughts are about some of the tools and helpful hints that I’ve provided. Do you have any additional tools you would like to share? Let me know your thoughts.
*B2B Content Marketing 2015: Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends – North America (by CMI + Marketing Profs)
We had the opportunity to sit down with ITC Infotech’s Sujoy Chatterjee, General Manager IT Services, to discuss reasons why Asigra’s Cloud Backup Services helped ITC extend their current IT portfolio. Hear how ITC solved their business challenges by introducing Asigra comprehensive solution and why Asigra helped opened more doors when clients were looking for a complete solution.