Wayne Gretzky once said "Skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been." Competition should always be top of mind for technology solution providers, but searching for new business offerings that will help you stay ahead of the competition can be intimidating. Technology reviews, analyst reports and forums are just a few resources in the marketplace to find out about new revenue generating opportunities.
Ask yourself the following five questions about how you can stay ahead of the competition by offering a secure cloud backup and recovery services:
- Expand your portfolio - What related products or services might your customers be interested in? Should you diversify into other areas such as Cloud Backup and Recovery managed services if your client base is still using traditional backup methods? Yes, adding cloud backup services to your portfolio presents an opportunity for you to help your customers modernize their data protection strategies including their backup infrastructure.
- Know your Competition - Find out who your key competitors are, what they are offering and what their unique selling point is. This will identify the areas you need to compete in, as well as give you a platform for differentiating yourself. Perhaps your competitors are not offering cloud backup services, which could create a key differentiator for you.
- Know your customers - Customer expectations can change dramatically when economic conditions are unstable. Find out what matters to your customers. Is it outsourcing IT services such as backup and recovery? Do your customers want to outsource their backup needs so they can refocus their IT resources on more strategic initiatives? Have your customers deployed new BYOD policies and practices? Are more of customers’ employees using mobile devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets – if so this could present a new opportunity for you to recommend best practices relating to data protection such as backup of the corporate data residing on these devices. These are questions that you need to ask your customers and then revise your sales and marketing strategy accordingly.
- Differentiate - It's essential to give your customers good reasons to come to you rather than look at the competition because of their offerings. Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) should tap into what customers want and need. It should be clear and obvious no one should ask what makes you different. Do you offer cloud backup services for endpoint devices, third party cloud based solutions like Google Apps, Office 365 and Salesforce? Do you offer secure cloud backup services for remote and branch offices? Do you offer backup services that your competitors don’t? Do you offer better SLAs than your competition?
- Plan for the future - Businesses that plan for growth are more successful than those that are happy with the status quo. Keep up with developments in your industry, follow technology trends, invest in new technology and have a clear idea of where you want to be in the next five years.
If you are interested in differentiating from your competition by adding cloud backup and recovery managed services to your portfolio, read 12 Reasons why you should Invest in a Partnership with Asigra to find out how Asigra helps its partners outmarket the competition.
VMworld US 2014 - Booth #2329
Date: August 24-28, 2014
Location: Moscone Center, San Francisco
Are you attending VMworld US 2014? If you are, be sure to visit Asigra at booth #2329 to see how you can ensure 100% data recovery. From anywhere. Now.
We’ll be showcasing how you can:
- Save 40-60% with the Asigra Recovery License Model
- Protect all of your data in the data center and beyond with one comprehensive agentless backup and recovery software solution
- Dramatically improve recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery performance objectives (RPOs) for VMs
- Eliminate or significantly reduce backup related IT resources
Enter Our Daily Draw to Win 1 of 2 Asigra Bluetooth Speakers!
Join any of our 15 minute sessions at booth #2329 to learn:
- Why Agentless Backup Is More Secure
- How to Create a Profitable Backup-as-a-Service Model
- Why Enterprise Users Choose Asigra for Secure, Reliable Backup
- Virtual Machine Replication Best Practices
All attendees will be automatically entered into our daily draws.
Book a Private Meeting with Us
Contact us to schedule a meeting to learn more about how we can help you consolidate your backup systems while saving you money.
Be sure to visit our booth. It is a great opportunity for you to learn how our agentless backup and recovery solution protects corporate data residing on:
- Physical and virtual servers
- Enterprise applications and databases
- Desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets
- Third party cloud based applications such as Salesforce, Google Apps and Office 365
Not Yet Registered for VMworld? Sign up to attend the event here.
We look forward to meeting you in San Francisco. If you have any questions before the show, please contact us.
Asigra’s Eran Farajun was interviewed by Cloud Computing Info recently about Disaster Recovery and Cloud Backup Strategies. The interview was part of both a print and digital supplement that was featured in the Toronto Star and part of a section focused on Data Privacy and Security in the cloud. The supplement also features Apple’s Steve Wozniak who discusses the prevalence of Canadian technology vendors leading the recent surge in embracing cloud technology.
The interview with Eran discusses how businesses are increasingly adopting cloud computing solutions with data recovery being a major component to their strategy. You can read the online version of the interview by visiting here. Some of the details from the interview include:
- Alternatives to highly costly Disaster Recovery Plans and the economic benefits of reducing your expenses using cloud services
- How recovery times become shorter compared to old-fashioned methodologies plus the additional business benefits of moving into the cloud
- Why moving your data to the cloud does not guarantee that your data is being protected by cloud application providers with a need to ensure your backup providers protect and secure cloud apps
Read the online version of the interview: A Silver Lining for Disaster Recovery and Cloud Backup Strategies
According to IDC cloud backup and recovery services present a significant growth opportunity for service providers, exceeding $2 billion in spending in 2013 with double-digit revenue growth.
MSPs can use backup-as-a-service (BaaS) and disaster recovery-as-a-service (DRaaS) to differentiate their portfolio, cross-sell new services to existing customers and expand into new markets, among other benefits. At a high level, enterprises are increasingly transitioning to cloud-based backup and disaster recovery services to:
- Increase efficiency from a time and budget perspective
- Ensure shorter recovery time objectives are met
- Guarantee compliance obligations related to backup, recovery and archive policies are satisfied
- Secure tighter SLAs
Those are just a few of the reasons. If you’re a service provider, once you identify the benefits for your business and are interested in adding BaaS and DRaaS to your portfolio, there are 3 types of cloud service provider strategies to consider:
- Become and end-to-end cloud service provider
- Offer the cloud service under your own brand (also known as white-labeling)
- Start as a cloud service broker or reseller
You can learn more about each of these here. Once you determine your strategy, you need to identify the cloud backup business model you will follow. Each has its own benefits that you can explore further at the link above.
- Leading complimentary – used as a means to gain a foothold into accounts to try to secure a broader range of cloud services
- Trailing complimentary – you lead with other cloud services, cloud backup is one of many services in your portfolio
- Backup/storage centric – you focus primarily on your backup services in the market due to your depth of expertise in backup, data protection and storage
To learn more about key considerations for adding cloud backup and recovery managed services to your portfolio and how it can offer a new monthly recurring revenue stream, retain customers and help you attain new business, download the IDC report, Using Cloud Backup and Recover y Services to Achieve Desired Business Outcomes.
Talk to us at Asigra if you have any questions or are interested in learning how you can offer cloud backup and recovery services powered by Asigra.
FIS Global, the world’s largest global provider of banking and payment technologies, recently partnered with Asigra Inc. to provide the company’s banking clients with a secure, reliable and compliant data recovery solution. Asigra is a key partner in ensuring compliance and data availability for their clients when it comes to information security and access. FIS Global needed a flexible, scalable backup and recovery solution to address customer requirements, and in 2012 the firm acquired ProNet Solutions, a long-time Asigra Hybrid Partner adding cloud backup services to its service portfolio.
We compiled a recent case study highlighting the FIS Global partnership with Asigra. Inside the case study, you’ll learn:
- Why stringent compliance regulations within the financial services market, lead FIS Global to seek a secure, reliable backup solution to help its customers to comply with regulatory mandates
- How FIS Global specifically addressed the challenges of experiencing extremely rapid data growth in a short period of time
- Why FIS Global required a wide-scale data protection solution to service both small capacity clients and larger clients with needs up to and exceeding 10TB
- The specific features of Asigra Cloud Backup software that helped provide costs savings for FIS Global customers
- The benefits of a partnership with Asigra
- And more...
To read the case study in full, visit the link below:
There has always been a human instinct to want to push technology to the next level. This could be for the purpose of profit, discovery or both. Ferrari, Mclaren, Lamborghini, and Porsche; these are the big names in the Luxury sport auto industry. Drivers strive to own cars manufactured by these brands because they are fast, luxurious, and striking. The equivalent in the cloud backup world might be companies like EMC, HP, and Dell. Though most would not describe enterprise software as luxurious or striking in their looks they are designed around being reliable and fast. But as any real car enthusiast will tell you, these cars, though beautiful, and very fast, are not the best technology has to offer. Smaller companies such as Pagani, Koenigsegg, and Bugatti all have vehicle line ups that surpass anything that the more mainstream manufacturers have to offer.
Asigra: More than Just Looks
I see Asigra in the same light as the Bugattis of the world; we have the pedigree, but not everybody is aware that there is a whole new plateau of enterprise software. Asigra is pushing boundaries by offering an agent-less cloud backup and recovery software solution for everything from large servers down to the mobile devices in our pockets to the data residing in Google Apps. We work with Managed Service Providers to bring end users the fastest, most reliable, and flexible solution possible. We have re-invented the way that cloud backup is bought with our Recovery License Model. Whether you have heard of us or not we have been at the forefront of software development technology, leading the industry from behind the curtain for over 25 years. Asigra continues to push the envelope of backup technology and in doing so each year we grow our customer base.
To learn more about how Asigra is changing backup and recovery, please visit us at www.asigra.com
Accounting and business advisory firm Hanrick Curran Pty Ltd. was a longtime user of tape-based backup solutions until they found issues with the recovery of data in a timely manner. Data recovery involved the retrieval of tapes from the offsite repository and required cumbersome search technology to identify the location of missing data. With a growing number of business requirements and regulatory issues continuing to surpass the capabilities of tape, Hanrick Curran realized they needed to modernize their backup infrastructure. After a formal review, the organization found that tape was impractical as a long term data retention solution and decided to switch to After Dark’s cloud backup service powered by Asigra.
“Data security is one of our top IT priorities to maintain the privacy protection of client data.” says Mark Sheridan, Partner, Hanrick Curran Pty Ltd. “To their credit, After Dark Technology and Asigra deliver a compliance-ready solution that assures us in knowing that all data is secure and our processes compliant with corporate and governmental mandates.”
Hanrick Curran highlighted the following capabilities of Asigra Cloud Backup™ as key deciding factors:
- Support for both physical and virtualized IT environments
- High performance local and remote backup and recovery
- Long-term data recoverability to meet compliance mandates
- NIST FIPS 140-2 certified security with AES-256 encryption in-flight and at-rest
Papworth Trust Moves to Enterprise Cloud Backup and Virtual Disaster Recovery for Secure Data Protection
Papworth Trust, a leading disability charity replaced their unreliable legacy tape backup solution with a flexible agentless backup system provided by Backup Technology (BTL) and powered by Asigra. Historically, Papworth Trust was accustomed to using tape backups but as they opened new sites and offered new services, the amount of their stored data grew. Soon, the management of their tape backup solution became overwhelming and the increased costs of tape and the reliability issues meant they needed something new. After speaking with several backup providers and organizations, Papworth Trust chose BTL powered by Asigra.
BTL provides Papworth Trust with fully managed Enterprise Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery to protect its multiple sites. The Trust has a hybrid of physical and Virtual servers across its widespread operation, all of which are critical to providing a service that thousands of people rely on.
We’ve put together a full case study that details the BTL implementation for Papworth Trust. You can read it in its entirety by visiting here:
“The added confidence in BTL’s service led to Papworth Trust taking up BTL’s Virtual Disaster Recovery Solution, a fully managed DR solution that provides virtualised recovery and hosting when disaster strikes.”
Watching Rory Mcllroy winning his British Open this weekend and witnessing Asigra win in the Tech Target Enterprise Backup Applications Comparison I realized that success has its common denominator that transcends both sport and technology; whether it’s during a golf tournament or when Asigra beats out the competition.
Being a first year golfer and learning the hard way I now understand how critical it is to own the right set of golf clubs. As much as I want to have the ability to drive my ball as far as Rory I know I can’t do it using the set of hand me down clubs I was using from 1995. That’s like saying I am going to back up my physical and virtual server when my solution only has the ability to backup end point devices. I know purchasing new clubs does not make me a better golfer but it does give me the ability to have the same technology in order to grow my game to a new level just like giving Managed Service Providers the opportunity to have an all in one solution to give themselves the ability to effectively compete with competitors no matter the market.
Users pick Asigra among top enterprise backup applications
If you think about it, Asigra’s backup and recovery software solution is like purchasing the right set of golf clubs because even though you have 14 clubs in your bag you may not need all of them at once but they are great tool to have in the set for when you do have a tough shot that requires a wedge. Our robust solution is an all in one software platform that provides you the ability of backing up virtual servers, physical servers, enterprise applications and databases as well as end point devices (desktops, laptops, smart phones, tablets) and third party cloud based apps like Google Apps, Salesforce.com, etc.. Asigra beat out the competition for a reason but don’t take my word for it, check out the leader board for yourself.
During the 2014 Asigra Partner Summit, Asigra’s Director of Business Development, Gan Sharma, sat down with prominent tech blogger Robert Novak to discuss Cloud Transformation, Big Data and the challenges involved with rising backup costs. We gained many insights from Robert over our summit and here’s a sample of some of the key points from the interview:
- Why confusion, fear, uncertainty and doubt linger around Cloud technology and what IT professionals can do to transcend them
- How to understand the limitations of the cloud and embracing it to ensure success when investing in cloud technology
- Why diversifying your cloud solutions is important
- How companies should better leverage and understand their big data
- Understanding the opportunity costs that are associated with having a sound backup strategy in place
- Robert’s view on rising backup costs and the concerns of exponential data growth