Cloud-to-Cloud Backup and Recovery
Is your organization using a cloud-based application that operates in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud? Relying on the application provider to recover your critical business data in the event of loss may present serious risks, including the potential for lost intellectual property and regulatory non-compliance.
Their cloud, your data
Your organization has ultimate responsibility for protecting your critical corporate data, regardless of where that data resides. SaaS and PaaS providers like Salesforce.com, Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure generally do a good job of backing up your data. However, those backups are for their benefit, not yours. If you need to recover deleted data, for example purged email from several months or years ago to be used as legal evidence – you might find your SaaS orPaaS provider is unable or unwilling to help.
How Asigra can help
Reclaim control of critical corporate information that resides outside of your data centers.
Asigra Cloud Backup™ provides the same backup and recovery protection for data in cloud-based applications and platforms as it does in on-premise data centers.
Asigra Cloud Backup enables you to manage the recoverability of cloud-based application data in multiple ways:
- Agentlessly back up the data in SaaS / PaaS clouds to authorized secure data centers or your own data center
- Choose the frequency and granularity of the backups on a data source by data source basis to ensure data is protected as long as required for compliance and business continuity
- Mass deploy backup rules to hundreds of MS Office 365 or Google Apps users at once, ensuring consistent protection across departments with minimal configuration effort
- Set and achieve Recovery Time Objectives and Recovery Point Objectives that meet your organization’s needs
- Store all data in a secure, encrypted form so unauthorized users do not have access to the backup information
- Retain access to your data at all times, even if you’ve cancelled your SaaS / PaaS subscription
- Meet regulatory and compliance requirements
With Asigra Cloud Backup’s single, integrated approach to data protection, you won’t require point solutions or processes just for SaaS and PaaS data. Administrators can easily configure, manage and schedule all backup activities from the same intuitive interface and will no longer have to manually maintain various versions of PaaS and SaaS flat files.
Talk to a Specialist
Got questions? Let us put you in touch with an Asigra Partner near you who can provide answers about private, public or hybrid data protection solutions. Leave us a request and someone will get back to you within one business day.
How it works
This diagram illustrates a typical Asigra Cloud Backup implementation for corporate data sources that include PaaS and SaaS cloud sources.
Explore Asigra Cloud Backup
Asigra’s enterprise-class backup and recovery software provides a complete range of features that ensure the maximum in reliability, security, manageability and affordability.
Purpose-built for public, private and hybrid cloud architectures, Asigra Cloud Backup is equipped with:
- Agentless software architecture for easier deployment and management
- Global de-duplication and data compression technology
- NIST FIPS 140-2 certified security, including AES 256 encryption
- Autonomic healing and validation restore capabilities
- Tiered Recovery and Backup Lifecycle Management capabilities to align the different value of your information with the cost of protecting it
Get more information
The following resources provide further details about this topic:
Aberdeen Analyst Insight
On Demand Webinar