Security for Service Providers
Security and compliance are paramount concerns of Managed Service Providers (MSPs) customers. Asigra ensures your backup data does not cause privacy breaches.
Asigra Cloud BackupTM is the most secure agentless data protection platform in the industry.
Asigra Encryption Advantage.Asigra encrypts the data in flight and at rest from cradle to grave.
- FIPS 140-2 Certified
- From laptop or remote office sites (DS-Client) to central repositories (DS-System or BLM)
- At rest in the centralized repositories
- Data destroyed with certificate of destruction
You can choose from encryption options that range from DES 56-bit with an 8-character key, to AES 256-bit with a 32-character key. Asigra maintains backward compatibility of its software so that even now, using the current release of Asigra, users can still access and retrieve data encrypted with DES 56-bit encryption years ago.
Asigra Security Track Record
- Zero breaches or compromised systems in over 20 years of operation
- IANA-registered ports
- Data stored in compressed and encrypted format
- Digital signature for every file and block of data
- Data on disk in self-describing format
- Background Autonomic Healing and System Admin
- Restorability Validation Process (digital signature check)
Password Management and Password Rotation. You can align your customer's existing security policies and procedures with your data protection policies. Asigra Cloud Backup includes a feature that gives you the option to automatically generate passwords and change them at random for specific backup user accounts, so that no one can access the account or the data.
Asigra Compliance Advantage.Asigra Cloud Backup can help your business with a variety of compliance issues:
- Disk-based, automated solution that runs quietly in the background with no manual intervention – tape backups require manual intervention and thus are not compliant with regulations like Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA and Gramm-Leach-Bliley and others. Contact us for the full list of compliance requirements.
- All backup data is aggregated, allowing for immediate recovery - traditional backup solutions are not centralized and lead to difficulties in obtaining and providing records to auditors in a timely manner.
- Backup data is automatically & securely transferred offsite using FIPS 140-2 certified encryption technology via private or public cloud – traditional backup architecture requires additional 3rd party products or manual involvement when transferring data offsite on disk or tape and is thus not secure or reliable.
For more information on Asigra helps you meet your customers' security and compliance requirements, please contact a Cloud Backup Specialist.