Backup Security & Compliance
Due to the multi-tenant nature of the cloud environment, security becomes a paramount concern of anyone trying to utilize the cloud for backing up and recovering their data. Asigra ensures that your backup data does not cause privacy breaches.
Asigra Cloud Backup and Recovery (BUR)TM is the most secure agentless data protection platform in the industry.
Asigra Encryption Advantage.
- Asigra encrypts the data in-flight and at-rest from cradle to grave.
- FIPS 140-21 certified - an independent third-party certification
- From handheld devices like tablets (DS-Tablet Client) and smart phones (DS-SmartPhone Client) to remote laptops (DS-Mobile Client)or remote office or branch sites (DS-Client) to central data repositories within the data center (DS-System or BLM)
- Key escrow management
- Password rotation support
- Data destroyed with certificate of destruction
Asigra customers can choose from encryption strengths that range from triple DES 56-bit with an 8-character key, to AES 256-bit with a 32-character key. Asigra maintains backward compatibility of its software so that even now, using the most current release of Asigra, users can still access and retrieve data encrypted with DES 56-bit encryption years ago.
Asigra Security Track Record
- Zero breaches or compromised systems in the last 26 years of operation and over 550,000 end customer sites protected by Asigra technology
- IANA2-registered ports
- All data stored in compressed and encrypted format
- Digital signature for every file and block of data
- Data on disk resides in self-describing format
- Background Autonomic Healing and System Admin
- Restorability Validation Process (digital signature check)
1FIPS 140-2 is the standard for security requirements for cryptographic modules by The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). NIST is an agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce. Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS PUBS) are issued by the NIST.
2The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is responsible for the global coordination of the DNS Root, IP addressing, and other Internet protocol resources. Ports 4400 through 4406 are registered to Asigra and cannot be used by any other application.
Password Management and Password Rotation.
Password Management and Password Rotation align your organization's existing security policies and procedures with your data protection policies. Asigra Cloud Backup includes a feature that allows for auto generation of passwords. These passwords are changed at random for specific backup user accounts, preventing any unauthorized access the account or the data.
Asigra Compliance Advantage.Asigra Cloud Backup can help your business with a variety of compliance issues:
- Disk-based, automated solution that runs quietly in the background with no human intervention – tape backups require manual intervention and thus are not compliant with regulations like Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Basel II, Safe Harbour, Patriot Act, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and others. Contact us for the full list of compliance requirements.
- All backup data is aggregated, allowing for immediate recovery - traditional backup solutions are not centralized and lead to difficulties in obtaining and providing records to auditors in a timely manner.
- Backup data is automatically & securely transferred offsite using FIPS 140-2 certified security requirements via private or public cloud - traditional backup architecture requires additional 3rd party products or manual involvement when transferring data offsite on disk or tape and is deemed unsecure or unreliable.