Asigra Enhances Cloud Backup Software with Expanded NetApp Storage Solutions Integration, Increased Performance and Mobile Device Support
Asigra Inc., a leading Cloud Backup™, recovery and restore (BURR) software provider since 1986, today unveiled a new enterprise-class service provider solution engineered to enable premier end-to-end data protection services. Asigra Cloud Backup version 11.2 provides cloud service providers with an enhanced offering that accelerates time-to-market and revenues for service providers that are either entering or expanding their roles in the growing cloud backup market.
The latest version of Asigra Cloud Backup software provides a simple, single, adaptable, and flexible service provider solution to support all IT environments ranging from consumers to global enterprises. Combining technology, operations and go-to-market direction in one package, Asigra has taken the lead in helping service providers become more agile and profitable. ROI is accelerated by significantly reducing time-to-market of new services and automating many of the manual and error-prone management processes inherent with piecemeal approaches. This reduces the risk and cost of service development, deployment, maintenance, and operations.
Asigra v11.2 provides the following benefits to service providers seeking to build and sell services that cater to consumers, small and medium businesses (SMBs) and enterprises:
- Deeper Integration with NetApp –Asigra software leverages native NetApp features at both the core and edge of the cloud to:
- Speed and simplify data backup/capture at the customer site (edge of cloud)
- Speed and simplify restoration at the end-customer site
- Improve scalability and performance of core backup/restore processing
- Speed replication to backup archives, cloud storage, and remote disaster recovery site(s)
- End-to-end data protection – v11.2 features enhanced support for IOS 5 and Android 4.0 operating systems for complete protection from the smartphone to the data center.
- Increased support for virtualized operating environments – Support for VMware 5.0 with 3X performance improvement, Hyper-V clustering and Xenserver 6.0.
- Streamlined customer acquistion and retention – Low touch customer on-boarding, self-service administration, and on-demand web portal reports.
- Centralized management with expanded support for mixed environments – Asigra DS-NOC delivers single pane-of-glass management for mixed public, private and hybrid cloud environments
- Simplified wholesale and white-label branding options – Ability to re-brand end-customer and service provider interfaces for white-labeling makes it easy for large service providers to offer a wholesale and resale solution to their channel partners.
"The inevitable movement of data toward the cloud has end-users and service providers taking notice. While service offerings will vary to address a diverse set of applications and users, a foundation based on security, reliability, scalability, and efficiency will be a common priority among all cloud service providers," said Brad Nisbet, program director, IDC Storage and Data Management Services. "Technology providers, such as Asigra and NetApp, who address demanding service provider requirements will be extremely effective in helping to deliver leading-edge cloud storage solutions."
“For enterprises looking for lower cost alternatives to on-site tape-based backup infrastructures, Asigra Cloud Backup built on NetApp enables service providers to offer a scalable and resilient cloud-based service to end users with a cost effective alternative to on-site tape backup infrastructures,” said Chris Cummings, Vice President of Products and Solutions Marketing, NetApp, Inc. “Combined with NetApp‘s industry leading efficiencies and automation, the solution enables service providers to truly differentiate their service offering in the market and build a compelling business model.”
Asigra Video Overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbyh3liHiI8
“Regardless of whether end-users require the economy of a public cloud, or the flexibility of a hybrid cloud, Asigra allows service providers to deliver,” said Simon Chappell, CEO of Backup Technology Limited. “The powerful DPaaS platform, built on NetApp storage and Asigra Cloud Backup software, provides the fastest time to revenue with proven cloud delivery processes under a single efficient storage platform. We have benefitted from the experience of these two top-class organizations and are positioned for continued success in this emerging market space.”
“As service providers assist organizations in transitioning to virtualized operating environments and cloud-based infrastructure, they are also recognizing the importance of re-architecting their approaches to data protection whether supporting a small enterprise or a multi-national corporation,” said Douglas Ko, Director, Strategic Alliances and Product Marketing for Asigra. “Asigra delivers a multiple of benefits that help service providers differentiate their offerings, accelerate time to market, and reduce operational costs to provide real value.”