Technical Account Manager
Asigra, an industry leading Cloud Backup and Recovery software technology provider, is experiencing unprecedented growth, and as such is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Technical Account Manager. Asigra's software and support program enables IT Managed Service Providers (MSP’s) to build successful data protection practices that deliver high value Cloud Backup and Recovery services.
The objective of this role is to directly influence and affect buying decisions amongst key technical stakeholders (Architect, CTO, CIO/IT Manager, etc.) within both MSP Partner and Customer-End User organizations and Data Centers, specifically regarding the value of Asigra’s Backup and Recovery technology as a foundation for the Cloud-based Backup and Recovery. This candidate will be responsible for supporting the Partner Development, Marketing and Technical Services teams in achieving or exceeding revenue quota through the ecosystem of current Asigra MSP partners globally.
The successful candidate will need to have strong technical skills and experience in key areas as defined below, as well as an ability to understand key business concepts and outcomes enabled by Backup and Recovery technology. In addition, it will be important for the candidate to have excellent soft skills regarding relationship management, problem solving, communications (verbal and written), and influencing (Selling/Closing) skills and competencies.
We are looking for people who are passionate in their pursuit of excellence and dedicated to winning in the market based on the needs of our customers. Asigra offers a competitive compensation and incentive program with opportunity for career advancement designed to reward your work.
- Work as an integral part of Technical Services driving business development with the Sales and Marketing teams
- Support, and advance, MSP’s business success by helping them find new ways to leverage the Asigra technology and expand its footprint in the partnership.
- Working with the Technical Architect, develop IT reference architectures and documentation in support of sales opportunities that include Asigra’s technology.
- Managing a designated set of MSP/Customer End-User Enterprise accounts, ensure their success and timely value realization with the Asigra product.
- Own the technical portion of the client relationship, drive prospects to closure and manage Technical Demos, and Proof of Concepts (POC)
- Create and present online demonstrations to communicate the value of the technology to prospective clients
- Provide post-sale technical support to a designated set of MSP/Customer End-User Enterprise accounts or accounts as assigned
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing during the prospect “needs” analysis phase to assist in uncovering and clearly identifying prospect’s critical business issues.
- Demonstrate competency as technical subject matter expert by thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate this within all levels of an organization.
- Contribute to meeting Sales & Marketing targets/quotas by providing pertinent, timely and on-going customer technical information flow.
- Working with the Technical Architect, respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- The Technical Account Manager will be required to augment Professional Services (Consult, Design, Implement, Managed Services etc.) and/or Technical Support (Post implementation) activities to ensure maximum resource utilization and knowledge of the product respectively.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, ideally Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience as a Technical Account Manager, Sales Engineer, Solution Architect or related role in Storage, Security, Networking, Systems Management or a related IT discipline.
- Must have experience working in or selling to Data Center customers, within a channel sales and/or partner management team.
- Demonstrated expertise supporting an Enterprise backup/recovery application e.g TSM, Commvault, Veritas, or EMC.
- A solid track record of success and roles of increasing responsibility within the IT industry, ideally with knowledge of the backup, restore and recovery market.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization (executive, management, technical and business).
- Strong presentation skills, as well as knowledge of Powerpoint
- High level of energy, persistence and strong desire to do whatever it takes to win.
- Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com (CRM) and Go-To-Meeting.
- On-site customer visits may be required 10% of the time.
- Account/Prospect engagement during their local business hours (24x7 as needed)
- Available for moderate travel requirements.
Operating Systems - Advanced “Server Side” knowledge of at least 2 from the following list:
- Red Hat Enterprise 5/6
- Suse 10/11
- AIX 5/6
- Windows 2008/2012
Databases - Advanced “Server Side” knowledge of at least 1 from the following list:
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Oracle 10g/11g
- PostgreSQL 8.x/9.x
- MySQL 5.x
- Domino 8x
- DB2 9.x/10.x
- Sybase 15.x
Virtulization - Advanced “Server Side” knowledge of at least 1 from the following list:
- VMware vSphere 5.0 / 5.1: ESXi 5 / 5.0 U1 / 5.1
- XenServer 5.0, 5.5, 5.6, 6.0, 6.1
- Hyper-V Server 2012
- Client/Server systems
- General Networking Knowledge
- HDS, EMC, IBM, HP, Netapp, Huawei
- General Enterprise Storage Knowledge
- General Hardware Knowledge
- Backup storage hardware