Technical Account Manager
Asigra, an industry leading Cloud Backup and Recovery software technology provider, is experiencing unprecedented growth, and as such is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Technical Account Manager. Asigra's software and support program enables IT Managed Service Providers (MSP's) to build successful data protection practices that deliver high value Cloud Backup and Recovery services.
The objective of this role is to directly influence and affect buying decisions amongst key technical stakeholders (Architect, CTO, CIO/IT Manager, etc.) within both MSP Partner and End User Customer organizations and Data Centers, specifically regarding the value of Asigra's Backup and Recovery technology as a foundation for the Cloud-based Backup and Recovery. This candidate will be responsible for supporting the Partner Development team in achieving or exceeding revenue quota through the ecosystem of current Asigra MSP partners within North America.
The successful candidate(s) will need to have strong technical skills and experience in key areas as defined below, as well as an ability to understand key business concepts and outcomes enabled by Backup and Recovery technology. In addition, it will be important for the candidate to have good soft skills regarding relationship management, problem solving, communications (verbal and written), and influencing skills and competencies.
We are looking for people who are passionate in their pursuit of excellence and dedicated to winning in the market based on the needs of our customers. Asigra offers a competitive compensation and incentive program with opportunity for career advancement designed to reward your work.
- Manage and evangelize key technical influencers within the Asigra ecosystem, specifically including MSP Partners and End User Enterprise customers, to improve their awareness and knowledge of Asigra's technology, Cloud-based Backup and its value from a technical and business perspective.
- Support and advance MSP's business success by helping them find new ways to leverage the Asigra technology and expand its footprint in the partnership.
- Support MSP's efforts to do POC's with End Customers and develop IT reference architectures and documentation in support of sales opportunities that include Asigra's technology.
- Operate independently within the MSP ecosystem, building strong technical relationships that maintain and extend Asigra's relevance to the MSP community.
- Provide product feedback from MSP's and End User customers to Product Marketing and Product Management, and technical feedback to Support in aid of problem resolution and avoidance.
- Manage customer expectations so as to ensure maximum satisfaction with Asigra.
- Build and maintain strong technical knowledge of Asigra products to facilitate sales efforts.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, ideally Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience as a Technical Account Manager, SE, Solution Architect or related role in Storage, Security, Networking, Systems Management or a related IT discipline.
- Must have experience working in or selling to Data Center customers, within a channel sales and/or partner management team.
- A solid track record of success and roles of increasing responsibility within the IT industry, ideally with knowledge of the backup, restore and recovery market.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization (executive, management, technical and business).
- Strong presentation skills, as well as knowledge of Powerpoint
- High level of energy, persistence and strong desire to do whatever it takes to win.
- Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com (CRM) and Go-To-Meeting.
- On-site customer visits may be required 10% of the time.
Technical Knowledge – Required
- Operating Systems – Linux (UNIX), MAC, Windows
- Databases – Oracle, SQL Server 2000/2005, DB2, MySQL (3.23 to 5)
- Infrastructure – Storage, NAS/SAN, Communications Protocols in a Data Center
- Other – Exchange (03/07/10), VMWare, SharePoint
- General Hardware Knowledge
Technical Knowledge – Assets
- Operating Systems – Solaris
- Other – AS400/iSeries, Domino, Lotus Notes, GroupWise
Please submit your resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Asigra is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
We thank you for your interest however only qualified applicants will be contacted.