Customer Support Engineer
Asigra, an industry leading backup & restore software technology provider is experiencing unprecedented growth. Currently we are seeking qualified candidates for the role of Customer Support Engineer to work in a shift model environment providing 24/7 technical support. Reporting to the Director of Technical Services & Support, you will become a key member of the Technical Support and Services team (Tier III).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Customer Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing resolution to customer issues involving the Asigra software suite. The technical support that is provided will be done via email, phone and web interface. Daily work includes, but not limited to, supporting case escalations, management of case load, updating case activity, monitoring case age, documentation and knowledge transfer for known issues. The overall goal is to drive customer issues to resolution as quickly and efficiently as possible. You may be required to evaluate and prepare solution reports and help to create an extensive knowledge base containing scenarios and issues related to a wide range of operating systems, applications and databases. You will be working in a live lab that provides multiple opportunities to be exposed to variety of technologies, operating systems, hardware and applications.
Advanced Knowledge - Any of the following:
- Minimum 5 years experience in providing remote technical support (L2/L3) for enterprise backup and recovery software solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise supporting an Enterprise backup/recovery application e.g Asigra, TSM, Commvault, NetBackup, or Networker.
- Experience in managing or troubleshooting backup storage hardware as part of the BRS solution.
- “Server side” experience troubleshooting BRS systems in heterogeneous server environments running UNIX, Windows, Linux, and VMware
Operating Systems - Advanced “Server Side” knowledge of at least 2 from the following list:
- SUSE 10/11
- RedHat 4/5
- Windows 2012 Datacenter
Databases - Advanced “Server Side” knowledge of at least 1 from the following list:
- Oracle 10/11
- PostgreSQL 8/9
- SQL Server 2008/2012
Virtulization - Advanced “Server Side” knowledge of at least 1 from the following list:
- VMware vSphere 5.0 / 5.1: ESXi 5 / 5.0 U1 / 5.1
- XenServer 5.0, 5.5, 5.6, 6.0, 6.1
- Hyper-V Server 2012
- Client/Server systems
- General Networking Knowledge
- HDS, EMC, IBM, Netapp, Huawei
- General Enterprise Storage Knowledge
- General Hardware Knowledge
- Backup storage hardware
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Must be able to work 24/7 shifts
- Results driven; and able to multi task and manage conflicting demands
- Fluent English both verbal and written communications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Able to work with minimal supervision in an ever changing, dynamic environment
We’re looking for people who are passionate in their pursuit of excellence and dedicated to winning. If this describes you, please submit your resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations, to HR@Asigra.com
Asigra is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.
We thank you for your interest however only qualified applicants will be contacted.